Sunday, June 24, 2012

big thanks!

hi readers,

thank you for the overwhelming response to the outfit i posted on roxy's reader outfits.  i received some really nice and encouraging comments from you guys.  as a new blogger, its so nice to know that someone is reading and enjoying my blog.  i really want everyone to enjoy it!!!  if you do, please consider becoming a follower.  sadly, of the 4 followers i have, 3 are family members and one is myself.  ha! 

well, back to the business at hand.  this outfit was inspired by the jcrew website and i added my own spin on it.  the elements of this outfit are all very useful. this pencil skirt in the natural colorway goes with just about everything.  the striped shirt underneath is really a nice piece. it is very lightweight so it is useful underneath other tops, sweaters, blazers but is also nice on its own.  the polka dot chambray shirt...i dont think i need to say anything more than those 4 little words. polka--dot--chambray--shirt. what is not to love???? 
the necklace was a tougher choice.  i had been thinking about getting a bubble necklace from jcrew for a while now but could never decide on the color i wanted (never even considered the WHITE!)  i was tempted by the colored ones because they grabbed my interest at first but i really think the white is the sleeper.  it really is cute with A LOT.  even the day i bought it, they had it styled at the store with a white button-down underneath a fuscia tippi and a skirt.  soooo pretty.  i think the white is the right choice for me.      



so here it is.....
striped shirt buttoned up                                                                   striped shirt unbuttoned






jcrew no 2 pencil skirt in natural now on sale in stores!!!!!(http://www.jcrew.com/womens_category/skirts/pencil/PRDOVR~59369/59369.jsp)

 

 a close-up of the jewelry




michael kors watch


 
this outfit was from before it got devastatingly hot here. i say that because there are layers involved and right now i am doing my best to stay cool with the hot weather. also i decided to post this today because i really didnt have an "OOTD" today. i was cleaning and doing yardwork and trust me, you DO NOT want to see that outfit. the shorts involved have gotten the name "the worst shorts in the world".  but they are an old friend and serve me well :) 


 
and finally, heres a picture of my sweet little madison.  she has started this thing of sitting on me in the hammock in my back yard after i finish my yardwork.  she is quite the adventurer and i always said it would be cool if she had a "mad-cam" to see where she goes and what she is up to.  well, here we are today and i am controlling her mad-cam.   

 


 

 
thanks again everyone for checking out my blog!  stop back later.  there was a trip to the mall this weekend and i still have to post what goodies came home with me.  :)

 
hope you all had a great weekend!

12 comments:

  1. I have the stripe camp popover too and now i have to try it under my chambray shirt.
    Love the elephant neclace!!

    ina-wonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ina,

      thanks! it really is cute together. and the weight of the striped shirt works perfectly under the chambray. its so lightweight its great.

      i checked out your blog and its great. would you be interested in a blogroll exchange? thanks!!!

      Delete
    2. Kim,i will add your blog to my blogroll and i follow you:).
      Your style is adorable!

      Delete
    3. i just added you to my blogroll:).

      Delete
    4. hi ina!
      so excited you became a follower and added me to your blogroll!!! i did the same; added you to my blogroll and became a follower for your blog too. im sure i will get a lot of great ideas from you too. there is so much you can do to mix and match jcrew clothes. thanks again so much!!!

      Delete
  2. What a great layered but still very wearable look. And the white bubble necklace seems to tie everything together and tone it down too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lisa, thank you so much taking the time to post such a nice comment! that means a lot to me that you are looking at my blog. i will definately check yours out too. thanks!!!

      Delete
  3. great bubble necklace, thanks dad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. see i told you white was nice! thanks and way to go on posting the comment. glad you got it to work. bazinga back at ya

      Delete
  4. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this outfit!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rynetta,
      thank you so much! if you are interested in recreating, i should tell you the skirt is super cheap in stores now. usually i think they are $110 but now IN STORES only they are $39.99 with addtnl 30% off it comes to like $28!!!!! unfortunately, i dont think any other pieces are on sale yet. hope that helps. you should check out my post from tonight too. it is a fav of mine. lots of jcrew necklaces. thanks so much for reading!!! kim

      Delete
    2. You're very welcome! And, thanks for the tip about the sale skirts! I LOVE J. Crew jewelry! Please stop by my blog when you get a moment: jcrewismyfavstore.blogspot.com I love your blog!

      Delete